Friday, October 16, 2009

Has caught my attention lately...

"One of the main barriers to problem solving can be inflexible thinking, not being able to break out of a set pattern of thinking to look at the problem in a different way."

"Before you make your mind up, open it."

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

Let go of preconceptions, the fixed patterns and structures of the world. Be flexible, fluid. Renew my mind.

***

"It is often assumed that group decisions are better than individual ones. In fact this is not the case. Sometimes group decisions can be poor because of
groupthink. In groupthink, group cohesion is maintained at the expense of critically evaluating decisions."


***


"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

"It’s too much to ask for someone who will be my closest friend, my lover, my master, my slave. Someone to have, to hold, and to make plenty of babies with. Someone who will be by my side for eternity, after death reunites us. I’m asking for too much, I’m sure, but I’m not going to settle for anything less."

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her..."

No comments: