Monday, October 5, 2009

Chilling Hike

Warning: This post is very long, has no pictures, and is for me to remember how awesome I am. So be prepared. Like a Scout.

EDIT: GO LOOK AT THE PICTURES! *CLICK*

***

At 7 a.m., Friday, 2nd of October 2009, Karl, SuYin, GeneLih, Wilson, Eric, Brandon, and Jared gathered at Monash University to go to Sungai Chilling to hike and have lunch at a waterfall.

Suyin was the only girl. She was loving all the attention, all them guys clamoring to carry her bag, hold her hand, and grab her ass (only if she fell, to save her). She wore her sexy skorts. That pair of shorts that pretends to be a skirt.

GeneLih was late so Karl and Jared went to go get some roti canai. One time, instead of paying attention to the road, Karl was somehow busy gazing at Jared.
Karl: What's with that smile on your face! That smirk! It's a smirk that says "I'm Jared ooo I'm great I'm awesome muahaha".

***

We got lost. Actually we saw the place, but it didn't look like the place, so we kept driving on. And we continued on some winding road that apparently was heading to some other place like Camerons or Genting. Some friendly people who were Christians (Suyin noticed that the woman was holding a Christian dvd, and wearing a Christian shirt) told us that we had missed the place. This pattern of taking the hard way, and having to backtrack, would be repeated multiple times that day.

***

Yay! We were at the place! There was a big map there, that none of us read, which probably contributed to us getting lost so many times. Before we went in, the rest of the guys paid 50 sens to use the toilet, I have no idea why. I ran ahead of the group to pee twice during the hike. Yes, I could go much faster than them. I ran ahead many times for no reason too. But twice, it was to pee.

But it's only because they were all wearing the wrong shoes. If they were barefoot like me, they would have been faster too!

I shall tell you why.

The went the wrong way right from the very beginning. It suddenly became very hard, and we had to climb up down and around some rather scary rock formations. I was praying hard for the rest of them the entire time, and Brandon nearly died. In the end he only got some nasty wounds. I had a lot of fun though. It was super super fun.

There was one time when Suyin (who is afraid of heights but loves climbing mountains) got stuck and had nowhere to go. I could hear her panicked breathing from 10 feet away. At this point, I think I kinda panicked too and for a moment was about to jump down to her. Well, I didn't. I'm still alive woohoo.

So I quickly climbed down to where she was and made sure I was firmly in place, then I told her to grab my hand. She didn't.

Instead she slid down to land on some branch half a foot below her. She couldn't have known that I had a firm and tested outcropping under one foot. I really was quite inexperienced. Before I had found that outcropping I had tried to anchor myself by slamming my fingers deep into a patch of sand and small stones nearby. Only after I had dug my fingers all the way in did I realize it probably wouldn't hold two people's weight.

Anyway, the conclusion, Suyin doesn't trust people easily, and I found it much easier to climb around those rocks than the others... Cause I was not wearing shoes muahaha.

***

We backtracked and got onto the right trail. But somehow we got onto another wrong trail. This one was really tough, with lots of steep inclines, and narrow underused paths. It was slippery and one time I nearly fell down... But I grabbed a tree root with my toes and was fine. Muahaha.

***

The "shortcut" took us past all the crossings we were supposed to make (six). And the first time we saw the river, we were already right beside the waterfall! Whoo! I was at the back, taking care of Brandon, who was really tired and disheartened, probably because there was only one girl in the group. I could see it on his face, he was thinking "Why is Jared with me, instead of some hot babe. Look at that self-satisfied smirk on his face whenever he stops to wait for me. That smirk says "I'm Jared, I'm awesome, Muahaha". He was almost going to tell us to go on without him (which we wouldn't have done) but instead of going on, we had lunch!

***

Then we went to the waterfall and took pictures. Everyone was very happy and energetic and were much faster on the trip back.

***

Which was a lot easier and less fun. This was when I was bored most of the time and kept wanting to run ahead.

***

I had 5 cookies at Karl's house.

***

The End.

***

I really have lost my marbles. Muahaha.

No comments: