Monday, October 19, 2009

BSF-Bible Study Fellowship

It's really fun. This was one section of today's group discussion. Answers are in italics, some additional thoughts are in brackets.

Warning: Self-loving post.

***

DAILY BIBLE STUDY WITH QUESTIONS FOR GROUP DISCUSSION

Third Day: Read Deuteronomy 4-11.

5. From Deuteronomy 4:15-31, what does it mean that God is a jealous God?
He will be angry if they worship other gods.

(Once, I thought, "Why should God be jealous if He's the one and only real God?"... But now I realize, if my wife preferred to masturbate rather than have sex with me, I'd be pretty bummed.)


6. a. From Deuteronomy 4:32-35, what special privileges were given to Israel?
They were God's own people. They were protected, and shown signs and wonders.

b. Why was Israel shown all these things?
Because God loved their forefathers; Abraham, Issac, and Jacob (aka Israel).

(Once, I thought, "Damn, God sure is racist." But now I realize that there actually is a valid reason for the favoritism! Those men walked with God, they were His friends, and God promised to prosper their descendants.)


c. Name the special privileges God has given you.
I'm sexy.


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

1 comment:

crystalcha28 said...

"5. From Deuteronomy 4:15-31, what does it mean that God is a jealous God?
He will be angry if they worship other gods.

(Once, I thought, "Why should God be jealous if He's the one and only real God?"... But now I realize, if my wife preferred to masturbate rather than have sex with me, I'd be pretty bummed.)"

Hahahaha....