Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fly

It's a bunch of meandering nonsense! Read it! And tell me if there's anything I need to edit, I wrote it while half-asleep, forgive me.


I felt the ant make its way across my chest. It was ticklish, but not unbearably so. At any other time, I would have crushed it, but not today. It was too hot, and I was too bored. So I watched it, as it made its way across my chest, and I wondered, does it know how close it came to death? Did it know that it was on a human being? So bored... So hot...


I felt wet air rush past my face. Then I broke out of the cloud, and the endless blue sky stretched out before me. Although the sun was strong and bright, it was still cold, up so high. The warmth of the Magic Flying Pork Bun under me helped. It was wonderful. Alone up here. The heat of the sun on my face, the warm smells of Pork Bun below me, and no troubles in sight.

Suddenly, it began to shrink.

"There's not enough room!" cried Kristy.
"Jared, you have to jump!" said Jeannette.

They were on the MFPB too, and it would not fit three. I jumped. And I flew.

Faster then the Pork Bun ever could. Faster than sound. Faster than light. So fast, that I couldn't even tell how fast I was going. I couldn't even tell if I was flying.

I wasn't. I wasn't flying. I fell.

The air was thick, like jelly, I kicked desperately, flapped my arms, it helped, but oh so slightly. And I kept falling. And a giant mouth, so full of giant teeth, opened beneath me. For a moment, so afraid. I could not push myself upwards anymore, but I still had some control, just enough, just enough to aim...


When I emerged from the blackness, I was in a prison cell. There were others with me, in the cage. We seemed to be underground, in some kind of cave or cavern, but it was well-lit, even though I could not spot any source of light.

The others were thin, weak, and sickly-looking. I limped to the one closest to me, there was a huge weight chained to one of my legs. I asked him where we were. Slowly, he looked up. His eyes, they were so empty.

"They can't help you. They won't help themselves, even."

I turned around to face the speaker. She was so small, the tips of her short, spiky hair would not even reach my chest. But she was so strong. And her eyes, they twinkled, they sparkled, they burned.

And she said, "Let's get out of here."

As we ran through the dark tunnels, she explained that this was not my world. This was a world... ruled by Indians! A dark world where all non-Indians were captured and enslaved. Then he was in front of us. The great dark overlord Ravindran.

I punched him. Or, more accurately, I tried to punch him. My fist never really got there, it seemed as though the whole universe suddenly decided to grab on to my elbow and pull me back. I gritted my teeth and fought forward, snarling... And then time stopped, and I heard her say:

"I said, let's get out of here."


She pulled me through a golden field. I saw a woman with the head of a lioness, her naked body covered in fur. I saw a young girl child bite into the neck of a man, his screams of pain and pleasure fading as She pulled me quickly past. She pulled me into a small, dark room, and I locked the door behind us. I reached out to pull her close, but as I touched her, she turned into nothing, mere smoke that drifted gently past me, leaving me alone, with only the memory of her scent in my mouth.

I opened the door of the janitor's closet and walked out into the school corridor. I was still in a daze as I walked to the canteen. Why didn't I get her number? Wait. I didn't even get her name...

Everyone is laughing. Why is everyone laughing? Oh yeah. It's because I'm naked. But why? It's not funny at all. So they stopped laughing.

I rolled my shoulders and stretched out my arms, reaching up to the ceiling. First my fingers touch it, then my palms press against it, soon my head reaches the top, and I have to bend my legs and crouch down to fit in the building. I push, and the roof comes off. Still I grow. I leave the ground and the tiny humans far behind me as I take a step out of the city, towards the sea. Another step and I've reached the water, but it is shallow, and I barely make a splash. Another step, I've walked off the planet.

I'm alone in the dark again. So cold. Then I see a small light. A tiny flame hanging in the void. I draw near, and cup my hands around it. It's not enough, and still I feel cold. It gets smaller, it's starting to fade. Frantically I grasp at it, and it disappears in my hand.

And then there was Nothing.


No comments: