Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How I've changed

I updated my personality profile on facebook. After I did the test, I saw the date. I did it on this same day last year too. Unintentionally! So it's been exactly one year.

Openness: 83 >> 94. I became more open! I'm intellectually curious, and my beliefs are individualistic and unconventional!

Conscientiousness (Organizedness): 36 >> 55. Oo. I became more organized and efficient! Am I growing up?

Extraversion (Outgoingness): 95 >> 80. I'm still an extravert! But I don't like noisy parties. I AM growing up!

Agreeableness (Niceness): 36 >> 44. Ooo. I have become a nicer person.

Neuroticism (Emotional stability): 10 >> 0. But I no longer have feelings, apparently.

Did you know there might be another factor? Somehow Big 6 isn't as catchy as Big 5. Honesty/Humility. I got the question wrong in my psych exam. (Perception and Personality)

That test above is Costa and McCrae's (1992) Big Five Factor Trait theory personality test, for MBTI (Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator) I am an ENTP! (Can you tell? I studied) Prepare yourself for the wall of text that accurately describes me.

"ENTPs are frequently described as clever, cerebrally and verbally quick, enthusiastic, outgoing, innovative, and resourceful. ENTPs are motivated by a desire to understand and improve the world they live in. They are usually accurate in sizing up a situation. They may have a perverse sense of humor and sometimes play devil's advocate, which can create misunderstandings with friends, coworkers, and family. ENTPs are ingenious and adept at directing relationships between means and ends. ENTPs 'think outside the box,' devising fresh, unexpected solutions to difficult problems. However, they are less interested in generating and following through with detailed plans than in generating ideas and possibilities. ENTPs are quick to see complex interrelationships between people, things, and ideas. These interrelationships are analyzed in profound detail. The result is an in-depth understanding of the way things and relationships work, and how they can be improved."

I had a Big N' Tasty. I <3 burgers.

No comments: