Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dear Nina

Because you linked me, and said "Make my hard work worth it." (Or something like that)

I was just thinking. If I hadn't sprained my ankle that night, I would have gone hiking the next day with Denise and Aaron Sim. I would have been training with Candice, maybe we would have joined a marathon together. I would have been in the basketball and handball team. The biggest competition of the year is coming in a month's time. I won't be able to play.

There's so many other could-haves and maybes. How different would it be? That alternate reality where I didn't wear shoes to play. I'm blaming my shoes. I never would have landed awkwardly barefoot. I would have felt Aaron Woon's foot under mine much earlier and shifted my weight appropriately. How much better would that life be?

But I was just thinking, in that life, I would never have talked to you.


Yours,

Jared.


P.S. I said the exact same thing to Marielle. You two are the people I know from Facebook chat!

No comments: